Golden Dragon Casino offer our guests American Roulette with the European wheel numbered 0-36.
Roulette layouts have two betting areas. The inside betting area contains the individual numbers on the layout. The outside betting area has boxes for the columns, red/black and odd/even and different groups of numbers.
The numbers on the inside are arranged in 12 rows of three numbers making forming three vertical columns. The 0 is at the top of the columns.
You must purchase special roulette chips when you sit down to play. To avoid disputes each player receives a different color chip. These chips are good for that table only and you must cash them in when you get done playing. You will them be given regular casino chips to take to the cage. You cannot cash in the roulette table chips at the cage.
There are several inside bets that you can make. You can bet a number straight up or straddle the line between numbers to select a combination of numbers. The payouts are as follows:
- Straight Up bet is a wager on a single number. It pays 35 to 1.
- Split Bet is a wager on two numbers and it pays 17 to 1. You make this bet by placing your chip so it straddles the line between any two numbers.
- Street bets or line bet and it pays 11 to 1. You make this bet by placing your chip on the vertical line separating the outside and inside betting areas. The chip straddles the first number in the row.
- Corner bet or Quad bet pays 8 to 1. You make this bet by placing a chip so it is touching the four corners of the numbers you are betting.
- 6 Line bet pays 5 to 1. You bet on 6 numbers in total with the chips laying on the lines edge covering 2 streets.
- Outside Bets The outside bets are any of the bets made in the boxes surrounding the numbers.
- Red, Black, Odd & Even and Low & High are all even moneybets. You place your chips in the boxes on the layout.
- Dozens bet are made on the 12 consecutive numbers. You place your wager in the boxes marked 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36. These bets pay 2 to 1. If the zero comes up you lose.
- Column bets are also 12 number bets. Instead of 12 consecutive numbers they consist of the numbers in one of the three vertical columns and are made in the boxes at the bottom of the layout. These bets pay 2 to 1 as well.
Dealers are required to keep the wheel moving at all times, even between spins. They spin the ball in the opposite in the opposite direction of the wheel. This causes the ball to jump and spin before landing on a number. The dealer marks the winning number with a ‘dolly’. You are not allowed to place your bet for the next spin until the dealer removes the ‘dolly’ from the previous winning number. Make sure you wait for them to pick it up before putting down your chips.
Roulette has a high house edge but if you play at a full table you will only get about 30 spins an hour which slows down the time your money is exposed to the house edge.
If the number you want to bet is covered is already covered with chips, don’t worry. It is permissible to stack you chips on top of the other chips. This is another reason why each player has their own color chips. You are allowed to place bets after the dealer spins the ball. When the ball slows down the dealer will announce ‘no more bets’. ”